The Eden Project connects us with each other and the living world, exploring how we can work together towards a better future. Through the Eden Sessions, the Eden Project hopes to encourage concert audiences to think about how they can reduce their impact on the environment.
10 things you might not know about Eden
- We transformed this place from a china clay pit into a garden of Eden.
- We only sell reusable cups at our gigs. By taking this step, together we’ll prevent 56,000 single-use plastic cups being used this year.
- We have a fleet of Volvo electric vehicles on site with zero tailpipe emissions.
- Most of our energy comes from renewable sources supplied by Good Energy.
- Over 90% of our catering spend is with businesses in Cornwall and Devon.
- We compost 100% of our food waste and use it to feed our plants.
- We recycle rainwater to flush our loos and supply our rainforest waterfall.
- Since 2009, millions of people have taken part in our Big Lunch, the UK’s biggest annual get-together for neighbours.
- Our social programmes bring schoolchildren, grandparents and people with mental ill health to Eden as a place to learn and enjoy.
- We’re spreading the message across a network of new Eden Projects in countries such as China, New Zealand and Costa Rica.
The money from your Sessions ticket helps with all of these initiatives. Thank you!